Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rs 250/- Tea at Hilton Hotel

I was about to get out of my car after parking it in office parking, and suddenly had a call on my cellphone. The call was from Chennai and they had a job offer for me in their Singapore based company. The company name is Tenoile and they are into trading of different goods across the world. Things sounded interesting. It was a Thursday and I was given an appointment with Sr VP of company on Saturday at Hotel Orchids Mumbai, which later on changed to Hotel Hilton very close to previous mentioned one.
I reached Hotel Hilton at 1 PM on next Saturday exactly an hour before the give time. Thus I preferred to wait for next hour in hotel lounge before giving call to gentleman. At exact 2 I have given a call and was asked to wait for next 15 min till he could finish with his lunch.
Now when my stay in the lounge was extended for next 15 min I was asked for some tea or coffee by the beautiful hotel management girls taking care of guests at lounge. After denying initially I have decided to have a small cup of tea. I remember taking even less than half the cup.
When I was striding after 15 min to meet the gentleman a very sweet voice asked me that when am I going to pay the bill for tea?? Bang!! I thought it was complimentary, but there was no question of asking it now. " Ok how much??" I asked, " Just Rs 225/-" Bang Bang !! Oye what was that. For few sips I paid Rs 225 and how could I get back Rs 25/- from beautiful lady. That was a TIP.

But now that lady was no more looking beautiful and voice was no more sweet.........................!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment